I want to burn myself a custom CD to listen to during the time I'm taking radiation treatments every day. The rad techs have promised to play it for me every time. The theme is "burning." You might think of the CD as a "burn" burn. :)
First song will be: Hunka Hunka Burnin' Love (Elvis Presley)
Next song may be: Hot Sun in the Summertime
One song could be: Proud Mary (big wheel keep on turnin', proud Mary keep on burnin')
One song will be: Do That To Me One More Time, Once Is Never Enough (Captain & Tenielle; in honor of the daily nature of radiation therapy)
I'll finish it off with one of my favorite songs: Winning (Santana -- "I'm winning, I'm winning, I'm winning, and I don't intend on losing again...")
Can you all think of other "burning" songs that I might want to use?
Send your ideas to me at mailto:denzler@hughes.net.
Thanks!
1 comment:
Hi Brenda,
I have to tell you my radiation music experience. Every day for several weeks of my radiation would be played "It's A Wonderful Life" by Louis Armstrong. (It was near Christmas time.) I think every time that it played, I felt extra lonely and in dispair. The session is over in a flash but a good variety of music would be in order so that you don't detest the songs at a later time.
Post a Comment